Frequently Asked Questions
- A Team Member is a person working within an organisation.
- A Tribe Member is a Team Member who has completed the I Am Here: Tribe Members course and then becomes an advocate for the I Am Here movement.
- An Ambassador is a Tribe Member who has completed the I Am Here: Ambassadors course. An Ambassador has developed the courage, confidence and skills to act as a signpost to connect fellow Team Members, friends and family with the help and support they may need.
- Help build a culture of support.
- Promote the purpose of I Am Here to others.
- Recruit more Tribe Members.
There are many ways to Show you care, depending on what feels right for you, the other person and the situation. The I Am Here: Ambassadors course explores the appropriate ways to reach out and Show you care through different scenarios.
- Compassion – To show compassion is to have the desire to relieve the suffering of another person by showing genuine concern for their situation, acting with kindness and care and being there for them.
- Listening – You could say that listening actively is the most important skill that underpins I Am Here. Listening carefully involves ‘listening with all your senses’ to understand the person’s full message.
- Empathy – Showing empathy is the ability to step into another person’s shoes to understand the situation from their perspective.
- Acceptance – Total acceptance means putting aside your own opinions, values and bias. A person who feels accepted is more likely to trust you to guide them to the help and support on offer.
- Real – An Ambassador is real and authentic. This means showing up as yourself so that the person can also be themselves.